Friday, July 14, 2017

Agent Spotlight - Art House Design

 

How long have you been in business and how did you come to be an agent?  
I started my business in Hong Kong in 1991, I wanted to live in Asia for a while and I noticed that a lot of publishers moved their printing from Europe to Hong Kong. Subsequently there was a lot of demand for good quality European designs.

 

Who are the manufacturers you work with - how did you establish those relationships?  
We work with all the main card publishers in Europa, US and Australia. From small players who supply the small tobacco chain to Hallmark licensees.

Do you have employees/help? 
We work with salesmen in Asia and Latin America, all the designers we work with are freelancers although with some we work for 25 years already.

How do you market artists?  
We exhibit at several fairs like Frankfurt, New York, London. Further I still travel a lot to visit clients so I can emphasize new lines and designers. I still feel that in this time of internet it is still important to have personal contact with clients.

 

What do you look for in an Artist?  We prefer commercial artists over niche styles since we sell all over the world.

How much work do you expect an artists to create?
At least 50 a year but some arts may take more time.

Any great news you would like to share? We just released our new web page with over 20,000 arts. When the client logs in, it has a unique filter that filters out designs that were licensed in the country of the client. Therefore, clients are never frustrated that part of their selection is not available.

 

How has the Art Licensing business changed over the years?
Of course the internet has changed the business dramatically but it also helps to be in business 24/7 all over the world.

Any advice or information you would like to share? 
Travel, visit prospects and believe in what you do.

You can find Art House Design




Want to be spotlighted? email me info@AnnGraphics.com. I am looking forward to your comments and thanks for sharing this great information on social media.

 

Make my day! and Buy me a cup of coffee (PayPal Link in right side bar, you don't need a PayPal acct.)
Don't want to miss the good stuff? Sign up for my newsletter ;-) Really looking forward to your comments below!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...