Friday, March 27, 2015

Artist Spotlight - Elizabeth Borowsky



Tell us a bit about yourself: Did you go to school for art? Are you self taught?
I am blessed to have a Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts from Clemson University.  I was taught the beauty of several different disciplines there - ceramics, painting, drawing, design, and sculpture.  My emphasis was actually in sculpture.

Do you work in just one medium? Several?
Right now, I am just working in one medium - CLAY!!!  But, that is only because of the limited amount of hours in a day.  Not only am I an artist, but also a mom of five children under the age of 12!  I love to draw, paint, and sculpt as well.

What inspires you / where do you get inspiration from?
I am ALWAYS inspired by cruising the web and looking at work from different artists that I admire.  I also get inspiration from textures, colors, forms, etc. that I see in my daily exploration of this beautiful world we live in.  You will never catch me anywhere without my sketchbook at arms reach to jot things down that I feel might make it into my work one day. 

What are you working on now?
Right now I am happily stocking up on carved bowls, vases, mugs, spoons, etc., etc., etc.!! I sell my work at different art festivals and shows across South Carolina starting in April and ending in December.  My festival / show schedule is posted on my website: www.elizabethbceramics.com

Anything else you would like to share with us?
Having a first love of drawing, I am learning how to screen print some of my original drawings on to my clay surfaces.  Exciting! I hope to have a line of these wares by Spring / Summer 2016.

Are you an early riser? or night owl?
Naturally, I am neither an early riser or a night owl, but at this point in my life I do a little bit of BOTH! It all depends on what a day holds and what type of deadline I have. One thing always stays the same....in the morning, I am accompanied by a large mug of coffee with extra cream and sugar, and at night I am accompanied by a large smooth mug of chamomile tea!

What is your favorite food? 
Coffee is a food, right?!?!



You can find Elizabeth:
web : www.elizabethbceramics.com
online shop : www.elizabethbceramics.etsy.com
instagram : instagram.com/elizabethbceramics

THANK YOU for stopping by my blog!
Do you want to be spotlighted? Send me an email: anntroe@cox.net
Make my day and follow this blog :-D Don't want to miss the good stuff? Sign up for my newsletter ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...