Friday, December 19, 2014

Artist Spotlight - Anna Ramsay


Hope you enjoy Anna's patterns and colors as much as I do!

Tell us a bit about yourself: Did you go to school for art? Are you self taught?
I have been running my own business, designing and illustrating since 2007. I recently started building my licensing portfolio and hope to work with more companies in the paper,  home decor and fabric industries.

I initially went to art school to become a painter but after being there a year my practical nature steered me to new paths where I eventually discovered and studied graphic design. Once working in the field I was introduced to illustration and started drawing again. Pattern and colour are two things that have always tugged at my heart. I love bright and bold but I also love intricate and interesting.

Do you work in just one medium? Several?
My background gives the ability to combine traditional and digital techniques. I love to experiment with new mediums and bounce back and forth between them. The medium I use most is ink, as it vectorizes well, and I spent some time this last year working on a series in guache paint called 'Back Yard Birding'.

What inspires you / where do you get inspiration from?
My interests in nature, gardening, history and craft tend to inspire my work the most, along with people watching and books - I listen to a lot of audio books while I work.

What are you working on now?
I am very excited to be collaborating with my husband on a line of ceramics that we will be launching in the new year. He designs and creates the forms and I create and apply the surface designs. The work can be found at www.ramsayceramics.ca

Are you an early riser? or night owl?

It depends on the projects I am working on! But I am mostly up with the sun.

What is your favorite food?
Anything we grew in our garden!



You can find Anna:
info@annaramsay.com 
annaramsay.com
ramsayceramics.ca      
ramsaystudio.etsy.com
twitter.com/#!/annastowe
facebook.com/axstowe

THANK YOU for stopping by my blog!
Do you want to be spotlighted? Send me an email: anntroe@cox.net
Make my day and follow this blog :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...